Real Wood Floors Warranty Information
Available for download here.
Limited Structural Integrity Warranty
Warranty Real Wood Floors (RWF) warrants its products, in their original manufactured condition, to be free from defects in lamination, assembly, milling and dimension. RWF products will remain free from these structural defects for life provided they are installed in accordance with our installation guidelines and are maintained in a controlled environment as outlined in our installation guidelines. All radiant heat applications are covered additionally in RADIANT HEAT APPLICATION section below. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser of the goods and is not transferable.
Limited Finish Warranty
RWF hereby warrants to the Buyer that the factory applied finish of RWF brand product will not wear-through or lose adhesion to the bare wood as a result of normal use for the duration of the warranty period, as stated for the product at the time or purchase (25 year, 50 year, etc.). Diminished gloss, scratches, and dents are not considered wear-through of the finish. In the event the finish wears through or releases from the RWF brand product, Real Wood Floors will, at its option, repair or replace the affected planks or area. The warranty applies to defects in excess of 10% of the total square foot purchased.
50 Year Residential / 5 year light commercial
Brick & Board
25 Year Residential / 2 year light commercial
The 1875 Collection
UV Oil Finished Products
It should be noted that UV oil finishes are more susceptible to stains in kitchen areas where oily foods or water may come in contact with the floor. Such stains will be more visible in the lighter color planks, but will tend to fade with time and proper maintenance. These markings are to be expected and are not covered by warranty.
Commercial Application Warranty
RWF products installed in light commercial applications, will be afforded a 3 or 5 year warranty as stated in the “Finish Warranties” section of this document at the time of sale, on both structural integrity and finish provided the floor is cared for in a proper way and is not subject to water leaks, floods or maintenance procedures that utilize wet or damp mopping procedures. Water leaks, floods and improper maintenance will void all commercial warranties. Commercial applications must also be regulated to ensure acceptable jobsite conditions of 35-55% RH and 68-72 degrees from date of installation onward. At its discretion, RWF will require a Fidbox® data logging system to be placed on certain projects and our warranty reparations will be dependent on the return of the data from the Fidbox® logging system. Light commercial is defined as any installation not in a dwelling where the flooring will be subject to similar daily foot traffic as in a home. Light commercial installations will not be subject to heavy commercial objects (like retail racks) or machinery (like auto-scrubbers) placed on or dragged across the floor. Examples of light commercial applications are doctor’s offices, business conference rooms, etc. Heavy traffic locations such as restaurants are not considered light commercial applications and would not be covered by this warranty. The same exclusions pertaining to the residential warranty apply to the light commercial warranty.
Radiant Heat Application
RWF provides a limited structural warranty in radiant heat applications with the following considerations:
1. RWF will require a FidBox (or other pre-approved) data logging system that RWF will specify, to be placed on site that will measure temperature and relative humidity. One data logging system will be required for every level of the home RWF flooring is installed in and one per 1,500 square feet of installation. During that time if a problem with the structural integrity of the floor should occur, RWF will, upon receipt of the data from the logging system, determine if the flooring was kept in environmental conditions in accordance with our acceptable job site conditions. If so, then Real Wood Floors at its sole discretion will replace that part of the floor that exhibited manufacturing defects.
More information about FidBox can be found at www.FidBox.net.
2. The floor must be installed utilizing an NWFA approved installation method over radiant heat. 3. Environment must maintain relative humidity between 35-55%.
4. Floor surface temperature should not exceed 81 degrees.
Radiant heat can pose a risk to successful wood floor installations due to the inherent dryness associated with this type of heat. Symptoms of an overly dried floor may include dry cupping, gapping, checking, shearing, squeaks, and/or pops, which are not covered by this, or any other Real Wood Floors warranty. Real Wood Floors requires all installations be kept in accordance with our environmental guidelines of interior relative humidity between 35-55%. This target can be difficult to achieve without the use of stand-alone humidifiers or humidification systems on auxiliary forced air systems particularly in new construction. Normal living conditions may need to be simulated on job sites until occupancy with the monitored use of humidifiers. Additionally, floor surface temp should not exceed 81 degrees in order to limit exposing the floor to excessive conditions. Failure to follow these guidelines can result in flooring failure, or the symptoms listed above, and will void the warranty. For more information on radiant heat installation please contact Real Wood Floors 877-215-1831.
Wood is a hygroscopic material and will expand and contract with changing moisture conditions (seasons). Some minor separation between boards might occur during seasonal change. This is not considered a defect and is not covered by this warranty.
RWF warranties do not cover structural damage that results from products installed or maintained in environments with relative humidity outside the range of 35-55%. Extreme moisture conditions, specifically dry environments, can damage the structural integrity of the flooring. Carefully read our Installation Guidelines for a complete list of Acceptable Jobsite Conditions.
RWF warranties do not cover indentations, scratches, defects or damages caused by the failure to follow all of the manufacturer’s installation procedures. Responsibility for inspection and approval of wood floors falls to the consumer and installer prior to permanent installation. The installer is the final inspector of the product. RWF is not responsible for labor costs associated with the repair or replacement of visually defective planks after the floor is installed. In addition, prior to installation the installer should make certain that the subfloor is properly inspected for flatness and moisture conditions according to the NWFA guidelines. RWF guidelines should also be consulted for installation over radiant heat floors.
RWF warranties do not cover normal wear and tear, indentations, scratches, defects or damages caused by improper maintenance, insufficient protection, misuse or improper alterations of the original manufactured product.
RWF warranties do not cover damages caused by the use of oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that are not recommended maintenance products.
RWF warranties exclude non-factory applied finishing including, but not limited to refinishing.
RWF warranties do not cover indentations, scratches, defects or damages caused by negligence or abuse including, but not limited to water, insects, pets, spiked or damaged heel shoes, vacuums, furniture, appliances, casters, falling or dropped objects or construction traffic, or failure to take proper precautions to protect furniture legs and feet with protective pads and properly functioning casters or improper protection during the construction process when moving heavy objects, or during times of heavy traffic.
RWF warranties do not cover defects and damages caused by man made or natural disasters including but not limited to, leaking or broken plumbing, fire, flood, earthquake or standing water during or after construction.
RWF warranties do not cover splits, checks or cracks in flooring discovered after installation.
RWF warranties do not cover staining or marring of natural oiled products as a result of spills or leaks. No warranties apply to any product or products designated as off-goods or goods sold “as is”.
RWF limited structural integrity warranty does not apply to product subjected to environments that fall outside of 35% - 55% interior relative humidity.
RWF warranties do not cover squeaking, creaking or popping in flooring.
The following items are not covered by warranty:
• Flooring installed in a method other than provided for in Real Wood Floors installation instructions. • Damage caused by normal wear and tear, negligence, accidents, misuse or abuse. • Damage caused by vacuum cleaners. • Damage caused by appliances, furniture and casters. • Damage caused by cutting from sharp objects. • Damage caused by flooding, fire, and other natural disasters and acts of God. • Reduction in gloss, scratches or indentation due to sand or other abrasives, pets, insects, construction traffic, or failure to maintain the floor as required.• Color, shade, sheen or texture variations between samples or replacement flooring and the actual material.
• Color variations between flooring and/or samples and other flooring or wood products, which you wish to match (e.g. cabinets, stair railings, trim, etc.). • Changes in color due to exposure to sunlight and age. • Deficiencies related to subfloor/floor assemblies, subfloor preparation materials, and fasteners including, but not limited to, uneven subfloor surfaces, floor deflection or voids in the subfloor. • Noises, squeaks, etc. • Naturally occurring wood characteristics such as variations in grain, color, mineral streaks and knots. • For reclaimed and hand scraped style products, including, but not limited to Chalet, Ponderosa, Saltbox, Vintage Loft, Market & Main, and Storehouse: overwood or underwood, or variations in natural or man-made textures. • Natural expansion and contraction resulting in damage or separation between boards or damage caused by low or excessive humidity. • Sheer, delamination, or other structural damage due to relative humidity levels below 35%. • Products designated “off-goods” Such products are sold “AS IS. ” • Commercial installations of residential products. • Construction or installation-related damage. • Floor damage, finish damage, or adhesive breakdown caused by subfloor moisture or water damage, including but not limited to, broken or leaking water pipes, flooding, wet-mopping spills or weather conditions. • Any failure or damage due to adhesive, adhesive systems, fasteners, or fastening systems.
YOU AND YOUR INSTALLER ARE RESPONSIBLE TO INSPECT FLOORING PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LIABILITIES, CLAIMS OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING LABOR COSTS, WHERE FLOORING WITH VISIBLE OR MEASURABLE DEFECTS HAS BEEN INSTALLED.
How to Make a Claim:
In the unlikely event that any portion of your floor should fail, with respect to any of the provision of this warranty, Real Wood Floors, at its sole discretion, to the original purchaser, will repair, refinish or replace such portion with the same product or another product of equal value at no cost to you. This provision does not include labor costs, relocation or living expenses, removal or installation of new flooring or the removal or replacement of cabinets, furniture and other fixtures.
To file a claim, first contact RWF for instructions. RWF will request your contact information, the date of purchase, name of retailer and installer and the sales invoice or receipt. Claims must also be filed within the warranty coverage period and information verifying the date of purchase will be requested. RWF reserves the right to have a designated representative inspect the floors and remove samples for technical analysis.
This writing is the complete and exclusive statement of the warranty, and is in lieu of all other express and/or statutory warranties. RWF assumes no liability for incidental or consequential damages. However, some states do not allow this exclusion and may not apply in all cases. This warranty gives you specific legal rights that may vary from state to state.